Research shows that if a person is defibrillated within the first minute of collapse, the victim’s chances for survival is close to 55%. For every minute, survival decreases by 7% to 10%. The average call out time for an ambulance varies between 15 to 30 minutes in Australia’s Regional areas.
Over 11 million Australians take a caravan/camping trip each year, with over 90% of these trips occurring in regional Australia. According to the Heart Foundation, over 40% of these people are considered a significant risk of a heart attack as they are aged over 55 years, have a low income and are located in regional Australia.
Who is eligible and do I qualify?
Any commercial caravan park or accommodation provider that has caravan and camping style accommodation is eligible to apply for the subsidy. However, operators applying for the subsidy must adhere to several requirements as stipulated by the government:
- Caravan Parks with 40 sites or more, may access the subsidy for the purchase of up to two defibrillator units.
- Caravan Parks with less than 40 caravan park style sites may access the grant for the purchase of up to one defibrillator unit.
- Operators claiming the subsidy for an defibrillator must agree to the following terms upon applying
- If requested, be able to demonstrate that their responsible staff have been or will be trained to use a defibrillator;
- Accept all responsibility for all liabilities in relation to the defibrillator, including their placement, security, upkeep and maintenance;
- Agree to fully indemnify the Commonwealth Government and Caravan Industry Association of Australia in relation to the subsidised defibrillators;
- Agree to the safe disposal of an expired defibrillator.
- A purchase receipt for the invoice must be provided.
- The defibrillator purchased must be on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods List.
Can the subsidy include the purchase of a cabinet for the defib?
If purchased as a bundle, the subsidy will also cover the cost of a cabinet. If there are any additional items in the bundle, please contact us before you purchase as they may also be covered by the subsidy.
My business/organisation owns multiple caravan parks, how many subsidies can I access?
Each subsidy relates to the purchase of a defibrillator per caravan park. If your business/organisation owns multiple caravan parks, you can access the subsidisation for each caravan park you own/manage.
State Association Contact Details
|Caravan and Camping Industry Association NSW|
|t: (02) 9615 9999|