HeartSine defibrillators are compact and easy-to-use. They are also very cost effective from both the initial Purchase Price and low cost servicing aspects. All models have the advantage of a Single Battery/Pads Pack design which has a 4 year use-by/change-over date.
Technically, all defibrillators operate automatically. When you hear the terms ‘Semi-Automatic’ and ‘Fully-Automatic’ AED’s, they actually relate to the delivery of a Shock when determined by the device. In ‘Fully-Automatic’ mode, the device automatically delivers the Shock. In ‘Semi-Automatic’ mode, a Flashing Button on the defibrillator will light up and the device will instruct the user to ‘Push the flashing button’.
Handy Carrycase with a rear pocket is included in each Heartsine defibrillator product package.
CPR is important to successful resuscitation. In emergency situations, untrained and older people have difficulty with the mechanics of CPR and especially the compression depth required to undertake effective, vital CPR.
Studies show that CPR Effectiveness can be substantially improved (around 30%) with the use of CPR Feedback technology built into defibrillators, which provides prompts to “push harder/faster” and “good compressions” (100 minute).
The Heartsine PAD 500P defibrillator includes CPR Feedback Technology, which guides the user through the defibrillation and CPR processes, utilising Comprehensive Voice Instructions, coupled with CPR Indicator lights. which provide a graduated indication of the force being applied during CPR compressions. When Green lights illuminate, the compressions are considered to be of adequate force.
Importance of conducting good CPR
“The AED’s first heart analysis is critical. If it calls for no shock, only high-quality CPR can lead to a shockable rhythm on the next heart analysis. If the first analysis does call for a shock, once it is delivered, the stunned heart desperately needs blood as it tries to re-organise and regain its natural beat. Only high-quality CPR can supply a struggling heart with the oxygenated blood needed to restore a normal rhythm.”
Heartsine defibrillators have two modes of operation :
- Fully Automatic model – shocks are delivered automatically – no need to push the Shock button.
- Semi Automatic model – push the flashing shock button when the device tells you to do so.
- Compact – H20 x W18.4 x D4 cm.
- Light – 1.1kg.
- Semi & Fully Automatic models available.
- Screen Icons replicate the defibrillation process, simplifying use.
- Comprehensive Voice Instructions guide users through the entire defibrillation and CPR process.
- Escalating Energy – 150, 150, 200 Joules per shock.
- Weekly Self Tests, with a System Ready Light.
- Product Sealing is the highest in the industry – IP56 (Dust & Powerful Water Jets).
- Long Warranties – 8 yrs product. 4 years on the combined Pads/Battery pack.
- very Low operating costs.
- Supplied with a handy Carrycase.
- Easy-to-follow Visual Icons & Voice Prompts guide the user through the entire defibrillation process, including CPR Feedback on the 500P model.
- Uses impedance cardiogram (ICG) to assess & adjust the visual and voice prompts to improve effectiveness of the treatment throughout the entire process.
- When voice instructions instruct the user to administer a shock, simply push the Flashing Shock Button